Saturday, March 7, 2009

Finally, I did it!!


I have been wanting to make a "stair step" card for quite a while now! I've seen dozens of them, all so adorable, on my team site and other places. They look so fun to make, but I have been trying to work diligently on a larger project and just haven't squeezed in the time. Last night I finally did it!!

Do you love it?

This one is just a bit different from the other's I've seen because it displays a photo. But then again, that just may be what I'm loving about it! You may recall my hubby is keeping his "10 Things I Love About You" album at work... well, I'm now picturing this little gem on his desk as well. To be honest, I just grabbed 'any old photo' that I had handy, but wouldn't it be sweet with other photos of our daughters stair stepped in it? It was so fun to put together!

And of course a lot of the fun was using items that I have only recently "discovered." I love our rub-ons. I used them on the frame - the little brown flowers in 2 corners. I also had a lot of fun with our Just Blooms(TM) , the colors were perfect to match the wreath in my hair and pull it into the frame.

Can you believe I poo-poo'd the Clear Sparkles and Pretty Pins when we first got them? Both are now among my very favorite embellishments.


~*~**~***~**~

Products mentioned in this blog are available from Close To My Heart™ at paperboutique.myctmh.com


My Reflections® Level 2 paper packet: "That's Amore" X7107B, $12.95
(10 - 12x12 Cardstock Sheets: 2 each of 3 colors, 4 neutral
& 12 - 12"x 12" B&T DuosÔ: 2 each of 6 patterns, page 25 Spring 2009 Idea Book)


My Acrylix® stamp set: "Reminisce" D1334, $22.95
(set of 14, page 26 Spring 2009 Idea Book)


Exclusive InksÔ Stamp Pads: $5.25, Pages 10 & 11 Spring 2009 Idea Book
Sweet Leaf, Z2153
Blush, Z2106
Tulip, Z2166


Embellishments:


"Pretty Pins" Z1148, $4.25
(12 - 2-1/8" pins (6 each of 2 designs), Page 29 Spring 2009 Idea Book)


"Designer Ribbon RoundsÔ" Blush Collections Z1138 $7.95
(6 ft each of 4 ribbons, Page 91 Spring Idea Book)


"Just BloomsÔ" Paper Flowers White Daisy Variety Pack Z1300, $7.95
(75 flowers, 3 styles, sizes vary)


Rub-Ons: "Love Story" Z1135 $9.95
(3 - 6"x12" sheets, 1 ea of Chocolate, Colonial White, White Daisy)


Clear Sparkles: Z1104 $2.95
(72 Sparkels - 48 circles & 24 squares in 7mm, 5mm, 4mm 2mm)


Mini-Medley Accents Collections: $7.95, Page 95 Spring 2009 Idea Book
Winter Cozy Collection, Z1120 (Twilight, Sweet Leaf & Blush, 12 Spiral Clips (6 large, 6 small), 9 Oval Ribbon Slides, 30 Square Brads, 6 Corduroy Brads)
Shades of Chocolate Collection, Z1037 (Bamboo, Chocolate & Colonial White, 24 Brads, 24 Bigger Brads, 18 Paper Flowers, 9 Designer Square Brads, 6 Arrow Photo Cliips, 6 Oval Ribbon Slides)


Dimensional Elements: Framed Fun, Z1140 $4.95
(Page 96 Spring 2009 Idea Book)




3 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dare not start doing paper crafts!!! I will go bankrupt!!! I love the card and all the embellishments - perfect!! So arty and pretty! Well done, you!

    Simone/Katlanga (Sky Cherry) He hehe... :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know!! It looks scary when you look at the supply list I created below the blog, but in reality, you get a lot of stuff with the one or two pieces used on the card, so you have it for the next projects you are working on. Once you have a little bit of an inventory it's not that expensive... but tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete