Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Happy New Year and welcome to 2018. Did 2017 just fly by or what? 

Here in Kentucky the mercury dropped to -3 degrees last night.  That's Fahrenheit! Brrrr!! I haven't dared venture outside but the temp and the little bits of snow we have left have inspired my contribution for the Design Team in this week's sketch challenge


I had a lot of fun with this card.  I went back to the old days of random stamping for the background. Sometimes I forget how much fun those "old" techniques are!  

I tilted the grid that is the focal point because - well, snowflake!

I love my thin cuts and particularly this snowflake done with glitter paper.  You may remember it from my last post.  

I also used my tiny 1/16th inch hole punch and made use of my glitter paper scraps. I just hate not using every bit of my glitter paper!  You can see I scattered them around on the stamped snowflakes to add a glint of sparkle to the back ground. 

Here is the Atlantic Hearts Sketch for this week.  I'd love to see how it inspires you.  Go to the AHSC blog for full details. 


I feel I need to apologize for the quality of my photos. It's much harder to get good lighting in the winter and unfortunately Santa did not bring me the light box I pinned for him to see.  I guess I have to work harder at being good!

1 comment: