Tuesday, August 3, 2021

I'll Miss You Blue Belle!

This week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge is a shout-out to the Close To My Heart Color of the Year, Blue Belle.  This color was announced last September and is about to retire as of August 31st.  It's such a gorgeous color - it makes me sad to see it go! 



The pattern in the squares and rectangles was created with an embossing folder. I inked the inside of the folder with Blue Belle ink, placed my White Daisy paper inside and ran it through my embossing machine. It's a fun technique and you get completely different results on both sides of your paper. 

Here is sketch #432 that inspired my card. 


I found this sketch to be a little more challenging that some. But that could just be me having a creative block.  How about giving it a go yourself?  I'd love to see what you come up with. 

Below are the products I used for this card. As I said, Blue Belle is retiring at the end of August so if you love this color be sure to grab some before it's gone! 

All linked products are available at the time of this post while supplies last.


Z3681 - Stitched Lattice Background Thin Cuts 
Z3697 - Floral Lace Embossing Folder 
X6048 - Blue Belle Cardstock



Z7000 - Blue Belle Pearls 
Z4213 - Silver embellishing Thread
Z6519 - Blue Belle Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad



X254 - White Cards & Envelopes Value Pack
Z3372 - Adhesive Runner
Z3440 - Dual Tip Permanent Glue Pen
Z2060 - 3-D Thin Foam Tape


No comments:

Post a Comment