Monday, July 30, 2012

Convention Swap

One of my favorite activities at convention is swapping cards with other consultants.  It's a wonderful way to get some really good ideas for projects in the future, as well as a fun way to meet other convention goers without feeling too awkward.

I usually try to make something that is a little different than a standard card.  For me it's as much (if not more) about the idea I give someone than what I get in exchange. This was my swap for the Dallas Convention.  It was inspired by Mrs. Magoo & Lou, a couple of really fun ladies I took some classes from when I was waylaid in Seattle for so long. Check them out on Facebook and "Like" their page.
Double Pocket Note Tag using Stella papers
With the note pulled out
The back is the same as the front without the flower embellishment
A small instruction sheet was folded inside the back pocket

A friend and I brain stormed some different uses for this item.   One that I really liked was to use it as the gift tag on a gift basket.  Using a 9x9 paper to start with, it holds a gift card very nicely, but of course the measurements for all the folds have to be adjusted, too.  Would a Christmas version of these be adorable hanging all over a Christmas tree?

What would you use it for?

No comments:

Post a Comment