Friday, March 14, 2014

Follow-up Friday: The Close To My Heart Ruler

Today I am sharing the projects I started on Monday with the Close To My Heart ruler.  If you missed Monday's blog it's right here:  Must Have Monday: The Close To My Heart Ruler.

First is the layout:
I began by showing you how to use the ruler to get perfect placement of the kraft strip.  Once that was attached I was able to place the remaining papers easily using it as my guide.
Once I got to the business of adding a title, I used my ruler again to ensure my title was straight by lining up the grid marks on the ruler with the glitter tape  below the words.  I simply then attached my letters right against the edge of the ruler. 
Using the same measurement on the grid lines, the words flowed easily across the second page in perfect alignment. 
The argyle I made using the stitch guide became the background in this 5x7" card.  I used the stitch guide again to make the stitching around the top, bottom & right edges.  

I absolutely love when the tools I have make crafting so easy and puts an end to so much frustration!  Remember, you can purchase your own ruler at my CTMH website, here.

Supplies used in these projects:
X7177B - Skylark Paper Pack
X7177C -  Skylark Complements
Z3000 - Skylark Assortment
Z1947 - Skylark Picture My Life program
Z1864 - Slate Striped Twist Ties
Z1853 -  Aqua Dots
Z1918 - Shimmer Trim - Teal
C1537 - Honeycomb My Acrylix Stamp Set
Z2195 - Lagoon Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Z2160 - Twilight Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Z2153 - Sweet Leaf Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Z2103 - Bamboo Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Z2118 - Desert Sand Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Click on the item number to order any of these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment