Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Atlantic Hearts Meets Scandinavian Wishes

Playing along again with this weeks Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge I decided to use the Close to my Heart stamp of the month, Scandinavian Wishes.  I'm also sticking to the Juniper & Ruby that are featured colors in our soon to be released Holidays from the Heart mini catalog.  Here's my response to the challenge.


It doesn't show as well as I had hoped, but the heart is rimmed with glitter.  I love glitter, but glitter doesn't like to be photographed.  Ever notice that?


I went around and around on what color to use where for this card.  I cut pieces in one, two or three colors and kept mixing and matching them until I finally ended up with what you see here.  Then I decided that I would use some of the left over stamped scraps for the inside of the card.  I'd like to say "nothing goes to waste" but it's really only a very small part of what I didn't use.

Here is the sketch from Atlantic Hearts.  Why don't you give it a try?  It's really fun!


This is the full set of stamps included in the Scandinavian Wishes Stamp of the Month from Close to my Heart.  You can click on the photo to go to my website to order it if you wish.  It's just $17.95 or you can get it for just $5 when you place a $50 order!

Scandinavian Wishes

12 comments:

  1. I really love how your card came together. It is really pretty, and will totally fit with the Sparkle and Shine paper. Good call. Love love love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!! I wish you would quit playing the AHSC so I could make the top 3, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny. I've only gotten into the top 3 one time and you didn't even play that time. Silly girl!

      Delete
  3. Love Scandinavian patterns! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the border for that stamp set! This card is going directly to my "CASE-for-Christmas" file. Thanks for the inspiration, and for sharing with the Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love the use of that stamp and your paper. What a versatile little card, change the sentiment and you could use it for a Valentines Day card, or A Mother's Day cards, or for a Birthday Card to a loved one. Great job !! Thanks for joining us at AHSC !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Betsy! I love how you also decorate the inside beautifully! This stamp set is on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little Christmas card :) So nice to see the detail you added to the inside, very nice touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, we sure hope to see you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at the cards again...I just love this, the pearls in the corner are such a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, Princess... what are you trying to butter me up for? :)

      Delete
  9. Your card is beautiful. I love how you designed the paper for the banner.

    Thank you for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete